ABOUT THE GLOBAL PHILANTHROPY GROUP
The Global Philanthropy Group advises the world’s leading philanthropists. We work with high net worth individuals, charitable foundations and corporations to design and implement highly-leveraged philanthropic strategies. Our management expertise and proprietary network of global experts help our clients achieve lasting, meaningful results.
Global Philanthropy Group’s experience encompasses pressing global issues including economic development, education, poverty, HIV/AIDS, disaster recovery and redevelopment, refugees, microfinance, water, global health, immigration, orphans, foster care, global trade, malnutrition, climate change, green building, malaria, conservation, crimes against humanity, genocide and childhood obesity.
- Strategy Design
- Project Management
- Advocacy and Communications
- Performance Monitoring and Evaluation
- Event Management
- Partnership, Board and Staff Cultivation
- Digital and Social Media Strategy & Management
We work on important issues during an exciting time. Philanthropy is growing at an unprecedented rate:
- There are twice as many millionaires as existed in 1980
- This new generation of philanthropists gives an average of two times more than earlier generations and is nearly twice as likely to give to organizations with an international focus
- More private foundations have been formed in the past 10 years than during any similar period in history
- Economists forecast that bequests totaling more than $10 trillion will be made to the next generation of Americans between 1990 and 2055
- The 21st century will see the largest inter-generational transfer of wealth in history; between $40 and $130 trillion over a 50 year period
Our team is diverse, talented and experienced. We are passionately dedicated to improving the world and helping our clients achieve maximum impact with their philanthropic work. We offer the opportunity to work on important social problems in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, results-oriented environment.
Visit us at www.globalphilanthropy.com to learn more about our team and our services.
THE SENIOR ANALYST JOB DESCRIPTION
Help us improve our world.
The Senior Analyst plays a key role in the Global Philanthropy Group’s team-based approach to addressing our clients’ philanthropic needs. The Senior Analyst is responsible for providing support to GPG senior management in the strategic development and implementation of client projects. The ideal candidate will possess strong strategic analysis, management, communications and implementation capabilities. S/he will provide critical senior staff counsel by ensuring smooth and effective coordination of all client work-product and other cross-company projects and initiatives.
Additional Senior Analyst responsibilities will include:
- Oversight and direct contribution in managing priorities and client projects internally and externally;
- Relationship management including organizing content in preparation for key meetings; supporting client work by prioritizing, managing and tracking critical relationships and preparing presentation materials for internal and external audiences;
- Conducting research, providing analysis, and building issue expertise in support of client projects;
- Writing speeches, talking points, research briefs, editorials, and client-ready presentations, based on understanding of client goals and strategic direction;
- Managing a handful of key special projects as identified by senior management team from time to time.
Successful applicants may come from a variety of backgrounds and will demonstrate the following qualities:
- Experience in a consulting, strategic planning, public relations, political campaign, or operational environment;
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to target critical business problems and apply appropriate decision-making
- Skilled in group problem solving and working to resolve problems with complex concepts in a dynamic setting
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills; must be able to take rough concepts and develop concrete work plans
- Ability to successfully multi-task and drive complex projects to completion in a timely manner, across varied stakeholders, with outstanding attention to detail and sense of urgency
- An ability to conduct independent primary and secondary research
- Computer proficiency – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Intellectual curiosity
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, driven, start-up environment
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally
- Ability to manage confidential information and situations with efficiency, flexibility and diplomacy, while cultivating trust within the team
- At least 5-8 years of work experience, preferably in consulting and strategic planning
- A minimum of a bachelor’s level education in combination with significant leadership experience; graduate level degree (business, economics, government/policy, etc) preferred
- A passion for philanthropy, with experience in specific issue areas preferred
The Senior Analyst will work on a variety of philanthropic strategy development projects covering a range of subject areas. S/he will have client exposure and significant responsibility from the outset. This person will be responsible for the central coordination of activities and ensuring timely flow of information between GPG and the client. S/he will also initiate meetings and ensure that appropriate follow-up actions are taken.
GPG personnel work within project teams. Team size varies according to the scope of the client projects and each project team includes at least one GPG Partner. The Senior Analyst will work on several client projects at a time.
This position is an excellent learning and career opportunity. Promotion is based on performance rather than tenure or past experience.
This is a Los Angeles -based position. Travel requirements may be significant. Office culture is flexible, team-based, and non-hierarchical. Each GPG employee is encouraged to play an active role in helping our clients develop and implement the most effective and leveraged philanthropic strategies.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and will include salary and performance-based bonus opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please list “Senior Analyst – Your Name” in the subject line.